Woman attacked with a Samurai sword by her Ex-partner


The woman’s ex-husband attacked her with a sword and claimed God asked him to do it

A 35-year-old Michigan woman is in a critical condition and receiving treatment at the intensive care unit at a medical centre after she was attacked with a samurai sword by the father of her three children, who claimed that God personally told him to do it .

The woman’s identity hasn’t been revealed yet and she is undergoing surgery at the Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo, following the attack which happened over the weekend in Battle Creek.

Authorities together with Battle Creek fire-fighters and paramedics from Lifecare Ambulance were called at 2:43 a.m. Friday to the woman’s apartment in the 5200 block of Teal Run Apartments near Glenn Cross Road on Battle Creek’s south side .

Police said they found the woman with several injuries and multiple stab wounds. Her thumb and index finger from one hand were severed and found on the floor of her bedroom, packed in ice and sent with her to the hospital.

Detective Sgt. Todd Elliott, supervisor of the detective bureau, revealed that the woman was attacked by her ex-partner with a samurai sword and she suffered multiple injuries to her hands, arms, legs and torso.

Elliott said the couple’s 13-year-old son also was awake at the time of the tussle and the boy tried to intervened by pushing his father away from his mother and even tried to stab his father with a steak knife. It was observed that the man suffered a cut on his hand, but Elliott said officers are not exactly sure how he was injured .

“It could be he saved her life with his quick actions. He intervened and made the (911) call,” Elliott said about the boy. “It was very brave what this young man did.”

Her other two children were said to be in the apartment at the time of the incident. But none of the children were confirmed to sustain any injury. They were immediately taken away from the scene by family members after the officers had arrived.

Elliott said the woman tried to escape and was found by medical personnel at the front door of the apartment. The man left in his car after the attack.

But after his son called 911 and told police his father was the attacker, he was arrested later and taken into custody without incident.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here