Home News COVID-19: Nasarawa govt. tracking 74 contacts of late lawmaker

COVID-19: Nasarawa govt. tracking 74 contacts of late lawmaker

 The Nasarawa State Government says its response team is tracking 74 contacts of the House of Assembly member who died due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Gov. Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State made the disclosure while speaking at the beginning of an extended security meeting on Tuesday in Lafia.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Suleiman Adamu, the member representing Nasarawa-Central,  died on Thursday of COVID-19.

Sule explained that the 74 contacts being tracked were those who had contact with the deceased in Nasarawa Local Government Area alone.

“The contacts included the immediate family members of the deceased and all those who participated in his burial rites,” the governor said.

He added that the government was receiving serious collaboration from stakeholders in Nasarawa local councils as well as the Emir of Nasarawa, Jibrin Usman, in tracking the contacts.

The governor explained that government was still making efforts to identify those who had contact with the deceased outside Nasarawa.

The Speaker of the assembly and the other 22 members are currently observing self quarantine.

“We would not relent until we get the contacts of all confirmed cases in the state to prevent them from infecting other members of the public if they have the virus.

“Samples from all the identified contacts including the Speaker and members of the assembly had already been taken and we are awaiting their results,” the governor said.

Sule also said that the House of Assembly Complex had been fumigated to disinfect it before being put to use.

The governor further said that government had opened more quarantine centres across all the local councils in order to strengthen the measures to contain the spread of the virus in the state.

NAN reports that as at the time of filling this report, Nasarawa State had recorded 12 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with one death. (NAN).

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Lekki shootings: Sanwo-Olu apologises over soldiers’ action

Extends curfew to 72 hr Sets up a 5-man Fact-Finding C’ttee to be headed by retired Gen Vows to take case to...

Solskjaer leaves out two senior players as Man Utd submit 25-man EPL squad (Full List)

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has left Phil Jones and Sergio Romero from his 25-man squad for the Premier League.

Champions League: Solskjaer speaks on Ighalo’s future following Cavani’s arrival

Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has assured Odion Ighalo that he still remains part of his plans, despite the arrival of...

Meet Francis Omata, The Commander Who Is Allegedly Behind The Lekki Massacre (Photos)

Photos of Commander, Francis Omata have surfaced the internet after he was accused of being in charge of the Lekki Massacre.

#EndSARS: Gov Sanwo-Olu visits victims, gives details on protesters shot (Photos)

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has reacted to the shooting of End SARS protesters by the military in Lagos. Recall that...

WHY THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT ARE AFRAID OF AISHA YESUFU #EndSARS

WATCH VIDEO BELOW: https://youtu.be/nzoAo_lrW2c

“13 YEARS OLD BOY KILLED IN #EndSARS PROTEST”

WATCH VIDEO BELOW: https://youtu.be/1iUsI63z5bY

APPROXIMATELY 13 PEOPLE KILLED IN MUSHIN BY POLICE#EndSARS

WATCH VIDEO BELOW: https://youtu.be/palST9vVFcs