Home Sport Pulev says Joshua fight set for London Dec. 12

Pulev says Joshua fight set for London Dec. 12

 Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev will take on heavyweight boxing’s world champion Anthony Joshua in London on Dec. 12, the International Boxing Federation (IBF) mandatory challenger said on Monday.

The 39-year-old had been scheduled to meet Joshua on June 20 but the fight was postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

“No turning back, no procrastination! Kubrat Pulev vs Anthony Joshua! The date is December 12th and the place is London!,” the Bulgarian, known as ‘The Cobra’, said on his facebook page.

He added on his website (www.kubratpulev.com) that “the date and place of the event are now final and not subject to change, and both parties have signed the official contract.”

Joshua, 30, defeated Mexican-American Andy Ruiz Jr in a rematch in Saudi Arabia last December to win back his IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO titles.

The Briton was initially due to fight Pulev at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium in October 2017 but the Bulgarian withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring.

Pulev challenged for the IBF world heavyweight title in 2014, losing to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg on a fifth-round knockout.(Reuters/NAN)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Lekki shootings: Sanwo-Olu apologises over soldiers’ action

Extends curfew to 72 hr Sets up a 5-man Fact-Finding C’ttee to be headed by retired Gen Vows to take case to...

Solskjaer leaves out two senior players as Man Utd submit 25-man EPL squad (Full List)

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has left Phil Jones and Sergio Romero from his 25-man squad for the Premier League.

Champions League: Solskjaer speaks on Ighalo’s future following Cavani’s arrival

Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has assured Odion Ighalo that he still remains part of his plans, despite the arrival of...

Meet Francis Omata, The Commander Who Is Allegedly Behind The Lekki Massacre (Photos)

Photos of Commander, Francis Omata have surfaced the internet after he was accused of being in charge of the Lekki Massacre.

#EndSARS: Gov Sanwo-Olu visits victims, gives details on protesters shot (Photos)

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has reacted to the shooting of End SARS protesters by the military in Lagos. Recall that...

WHY THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT ARE AFRAID OF AISHA YESUFU #EndSARS

WATCH VIDEO BELOW: https://youtu.be/nzoAo_lrW2c

“13 YEARS OLD BOY KILLED IN #EndSARS PROTEST”

WATCH VIDEO BELOW: https://youtu.be/1iUsI63z5bY

APPROXIMATELY 13 PEOPLE KILLED IN MUSHIN BY POLICE#EndSARS

WATCH VIDEO BELOW: https://youtu.be/palST9vVFcs