Home Sport Serie A awards Juventus 3-0 win over Napoli for unplayed match

Serie A awards Juventus 3-0 win over Napoli for unplayed match

Serie A have handed Juventus a 3-0 win over Napoli, after Gennaro Gattuso’s men failed to show up for their fixture earlier this month, over Italian football COVID-19 rules.

Napoli have also had one point deducted from them.

The team did not travel to Turin for the match on October 4, claiming that their local health authority told the players to stay at home after two members of their squad tested positive for COVID-19.

Serie A turned down Napoli’s request to postpone the fixture, meaning that Juventus and match officials were both present at the stadium and the floodlights were turned on.

The game was officially abandoned 45 minutes after kick-off time.

Serie A’s disciplinary tribunal, which confirmed its decision in a statement on Wednesday, rejected Napoli’s claim of force majeure and said there was a clear health protocol for Serie A.

Napoli won their opening two games and now have five points from three games in the Serie A table, while Juventus have seven.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Lekki shootings: Sanwo-Olu apologises over soldiers’ action

Extends curfew to 72 hr Sets up a 5-man Fact-Finding C’ttee to be headed by retired Gen Vows to take case to...

Solskjaer leaves out two senior players as Man Utd submit 25-man EPL squad (Full List)

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has left Phil Jones and Sergio Romero from his 25-man squad for the Premier League.

Champions League: Solskjaer speaks on Ighalo’s future following Cavani’s arrival

Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has assured Odion Ighalo that he still remains part of his plans, despite the arrival of...

Meet Francis Omata, The Commander Who Is Allegedly Behind The Lekki Massacre (Photos)

Photos of Commander, Francis Omata have surfaced the internet after he was accused of being in charge of the Lekki Massacre.

#EndSARS: Gov Sanwo-Olu visits victims, gives details on protesters shot (Photos)

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has reacted to the shooting of End SARS protesters by the military in Lagos. Recall that...

WHY THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT ARE AFRAID OF AISHA YESUFU #EndSARS

WATCH VIDEO BELOW: https://youtu.be/nzoAo_lrW2c

“13 YEARS OLD BOY KILLED IN #EndSARS PROTEST”

WATCH VIDEO BELOW: https://youtu.be/1iUsI63z5bY

APPROXIMATELY 13 PEOPLE KILLED IN MUSHIN BY POLICE#EndSARS

WATCH VIDEO BELOW: https://youtu.be/palST9vVFcs